Want to self-isolate and drive yourself? SAVE BIG on our special monthly rates!
The following terms and conditions apply:
– The rates are applicable for hire’s starting on or before 30 September 2020;
– The special rates quoted are valid for a minimum hire period of 28 days;
– The rates includes vat & standard cover (normal excesses apply);
– The rates are valid for pick-up and drop-off Cape Town only;
– The rate are subject to availability and our standard terms & conditions apply.
Click the QUOTE/BOOK button for a quotation or to book a car.
- All drivers must be at least twenty-three (23) years old upon the start date
- All drivers must be in possession of a valid unendorsed driver's licence which must have been valid for a minimum of two years.
- International driver's licences must be translated into English.
- All drivers will be required to produce a valid form of identification such as an Identification Book or Passport.
- The hirer may nominate up to three (3) additional drivers. There is no additional charge for the first two nominated drivers (the hirer included), however, there is a once-off fee of R300 per driver thereafter.
- Please note: The hirer is liable for all risks/charges applicable to usage of the vehicle by any nominated additional driver.
- Payment is by embossed (raised digits) credit card only. Vineyard Car hire accepts all major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, Amex and Diners but regrettably cannot accept debit cards, cheques or cash.
- The credit card holder must be the hirer and the credit card is not transferable.
- The hirer must be present with his/her credit card on their possession when signing the Rental Agreement.
- In the event that the credit card is due to expire during the course of the hire, the new credit card (with new expiry date) must be presented at the beginning of the hire.
- The payment process is as follows: we will obtain an authorisation on the hirer’s credit card as security 24 hours prior to the beginning of the rental for the excess amount (based on the standard cover waiver option of the vehicle selected) regardless of whether super cover is selected or not. Please note that this is not a debit - the actual debit to the credit card will only be done after the termination of the rental and the authorisation will subsequently be cancelled.
- Delivery or collection within the southern suburbs and city bowl areas are free of charge for a minimum hire period 3 days and within regular office hours. We offer delivery and collection for other suburbs within the rest of the Cape Peninsula at a nominal charge.
- In addition, the hirer will be charged a delivery and/or collection fee of R200 for any delivery or collection that takes place on a Sunday between 08h00 and 12h00 and R250 for any delivery or collection that takes place on a public holiday between 08h00 and 12h00
- Delivery to the airport is free of charge between the hours of 07h00 and 19h00.
- The hirer will be charged an "out-of-hours" fee of R275.00 for any delivery to the airport between 19h00 and 07h00.
- The hirer will be charged an "out-of-hours" fee of R200.00 for any delivery to the airport on a Saturday or Sunday between 13h00 and 19h00.
- The hirer will be charged R200.00 if the vehicle is to be collected from the airport at the end of the hire period.
- In the event that the vehicle is returned to a city/town other than Cape Town, a one-way drop-off fee will be charged. Please note that the return city/town must be agreed to by Vineyard Car Hire.
- A checklist is a document listing any existing damage to the vehicle at the beginning of the hire period.
- Vineyard Car Hire will present a checklist to the hirer when handing over the vehicle. Once both parties are satisfied that the checklist is correct, the checklist will be signed by both parties.
- In the event of loss or damage to the vehicle incurred during the lease period, a repair or replacement fee will be charged to the hirer or driver.
- All rates quoted include Standard Cover plus an Excess (payable by the hirer in the event of any accident or theft).
- The Excess amount is the hirer's maximum liability in the event of an accident or theft.
- The hirer has the option to select Super Cover at an additional cost which will either reduce or waiver the excess amount.
- Any breach of the Terms and Conditions will result in all form of cover being considered null and void and the hirer will be responsible for the full value of the loss or damage.
- Vineyard Car Hire does not offer Personal Accident Insurance (PAI).
- For the avoidance of doubt, please bear in mind that the vehicle shall not be used or driven by the driver:
- for the conveyance of property or persons for hire;
- in contravention of any law;
- in any race, speed test or contest;
- to propel or tow any other vehicle or trailer;
- on any road other than a recognised tarred or paved road. (Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for the full list of exclusions.)
- The number of days is calculated on a 24 hour basis
- No vehicles may cross the South African border into another country.
- Petrol: All rates include maintenance and oil but petrol is not included. Vehicles are supplied with a full tank of petrol at the start of the hire, and on termination of the hire, the vehicle will be filled with petrol at the rate as regulated by the South African government and the amount added to the final account.